Platinum Property Management (“PPM”) is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal details.
We are bound and act in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and any related privacy codes.
Your consent to our use of your personal information
- You continue to request or use our services; and/or
- You provide us with your personal contact information; and/or
- You visit our website or lodge an online enquiry to us through another channel such as Facebook or other social media
How much personal information you provide to us is a matter of your personal choice. It is important to note though, that where you do not provide us with your necessary personal information, this may impact the way we are able to work with you. We may be unable to provide you with the services you require. In some cases, we may discontinue our relationship with you.
Types of personal information we collect
In order to perform our role as property managers, we require certain personal information from you. We only collect personal information that is necessary to fulfil our property management function. Examples of the type of personal information that we may collect, use or disclose in relation to you include your:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Postal address
- Email address
- Home phone number
- Work phone number
- Mobile phone number
- Current driver’s license, passport or other identification details
- Occupation, employment status and current employer
- Address of your place of employment or your business
- Key financial information such as your income sources, bank or financial institution
- Details regarding your spouse or partner, dependent children, housemates or anyone else who lives with you
- Personal, property and financial referees (as required)
- Property ownership and occupancy details
How do we collect your personal information?
Why we collect your personal information
The personal information we collect from you is used for several purposes including to:
- Personalise our information to and communications with you
- Sell and promote to you, services, solutions and products that are personally relevant to you
- Enable certain of our contractors and service providers to contact you directly as required from time to time, such as to fulfil maintenance request
- Help in addressing any feedback and/or enquiries you may make from time to time
- Enable other purposes that are reasonably necessary to fulfil our normal functions and activities
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable and practicable measures to ensure the personal information we collect is secure against risks like loss or unauthorised access; misuse; modification; unauthorised disclosure; or destruction. We maintain your personal information on a secure server that only authorised staff members can access. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that any data transmission over the internet or information stored on internet-accessible servers are fully secure. You undertake these activities at your own risk.
Disclosure of your personal information
There are certain circumstances under which we may provide your personal information to third parties, being where:
- any functions or services are being outsourced;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose your personal information to a third party for a specific purpose;
- disclosure of your personal information is necessary to:
- prevent injury to life or wellbeing
- investigate any suspected unlawful activity
- fulfil a legal requirement, for example, in response to a warrant, subpoena or other legal process.
Generally, we do not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. We will only do so where this is necessary to enable us to provide you with our services. An example may include our use of third-party software systems and social media sites where those service providers store data on overseas-based servers. Where we do disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, we will not do so before taking reasonable steps to ensure that each overseas recipient is compliant with Australian Privacy Principals (“APPs”), other than APP 1.
We will not otherwise sell, disclose or pass on your personal information to third parties unless it is in accordance with this privacy statement or with your prior consent.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may ask at any time to access the personal information that we hold about you. Please use the following channels to place your request:
- Personal information you enter via our website: place your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal information you provide directly to one of our property managers: please provide your request to that property manager directly
If any of your personal information needs updating or is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can update our records.
Links to other websites
Platinum Property Management is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or content of any other website that may be linked to this website from time to time. You bear responsibility for investigating the privacy policies of those other sites and using those sites as you choose.
Our legal entities